Monday, November 19, 2012

Let's dare to be DIFFERENT!

I shout out a lot of widely known spots in Houston, but I would like to start putting the spotlight on lesser known venues that draw nice crowds, serve good drinks, allow their patrons to actually sit down, and have a cool atmosphere. I'm going to include bars, pubs, wine bars, dive bars, sports bars, as well as restaurants.
From my personal experience I seem to have more fun when I'm around down to earth individuals, and non pretentious folks! That kind of elitist attitude that you seem to find in a lot of main steam clubs in Houston make you want to just stay away from them! I'm not very keen on having to pay an arm & a leg to park, then pay to get in to a spot, then be forced to buy $15 drinks! I avoid places like that!
That's why I'm so biased against a lot of downtown spots! But to each his or her own! If I must partake in an evening on the town then I prefer going somewhere with plenty of seating, reasonably priced drinks, and a nice crowd of people. I avoid crowded places where people are more likely to elbow me or forbid step on my 6" heels!

I'm going to be on the look out for places with diversity, mixed age groups (no 25 & younger crowds though), good yet reasonably priced drinks, live music, food being served, and of course happy hour specials!

If you know of any spots or you want to nominate a spot for me to check out email me at mzhoustondadiva@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment